Top Soft Skills Every Employer Is Looking Out For In 2020.
- 28 September 2020
- Posted by: Shrex Learning
- Category: Education
Apart from just having the right technical skills and knowledge, there are other soft skills that are very essential with it comes to modern workforces. In today’s modern age employees not only expect candidates to possess the required hard skills for the job but also inter-personal qualities such as good communication skills and a collaborative attitude since these are the skill that makes workforces human.
The following top 5 soft skills are the ones highly in demand and one may incorporate in order to increase their probability of being chosen over other candidates.
Today every company is looking out for people who think differently, who protrude from the rest, who bring in uniqueness to their company as an added value. With time just how the world evolves, the perceptions and the demand for an employee evolves too. Therefore, putting in new ideas on the table is always appreciated.
#2 Strong Communicating Skills
Coming up with effective solutions or excellent suggestions may not be that much of a challenge as conveying them to others. The ability to be very clear, precise, and up to the point, and at the same being engaging and interesting is a skill that is very much appreciated in any workforce. Since communication is a two-way process, along with being a great speaker on has to be a good listener as well. All of this, not only contributes to avoiding any sort of miscommunication and maintaining good relations, but it also helps enunciate the outcome of the task being worked upon.
Today’s workforces are agile and given the fact that technology is changing fast, there is no doubt that adaptability is a soft skill that is highly in demand. This skill refers to the way you are able to adapt to technological changes occurring in the industry, how positively you’re able to adapt to different tasks and be able to deliver them despite various changes made. In short, be as much flexible as you can. Such soft skills will take you ahead not just in the workplace but in general too.
Irrespective of what role you play in an organization, at some point you may have to convey your ideas to your colleagues. Hence every individual must be confident about their ideas to convince people. Not only this even when it comes to negotiating or closing a deal, persuasion plays a very big role.
#5 Emotional Intelligence
Such soft skill is firstly high in demand in 2020. Secondly, this skill set could make you stand out from the rest since it holds great importance. This skill highlights how an employee manages and understands people, communicates effectively, disarms conflicts.
The following four attributes are a must to glance at:
- Relationship management – The ability to create and maintain good relations with other employees. It is highly appreciated when someone influences the team positively and is contributing to the solutions of any conflicts.
- Self–awareness – Every individual must be aware of what his/her weaknesses and strengths are. One must be adequately confident about their skill set. Moreover, must be able to recognize emotions and how they affect our behavior.
- Social awareness – It is very important to have a sense of empathy. It is important to build awareness about our surroundings and have a connection with the people, to build social awareness.
- Self- management – Being able to plan, organize, and manage our tasks in order to be more effective is very important.
Along with the relevant set of hard skills, the above-mentioned soft skills will definitely add value to an individual and give them a competitive edge. If you are already on the boat, you have everything to gain. If you aren’t, then you may want to buckle up and try and develop these skill set in specific.